BJMP is mandated to direct, supervise and control the administration and operation of all district, city and municipal jails nationwide with pronged tasks of safekeeping and development of inmates.
In line with it’s mission, the Jail Bureau endeavors to perform the following functions:
- Formulate policies and guidelines in the administration of all district, city, and municipal jails nationwide;
- Implement strong security measures for the control of inmates;
- Provide for the basic needs of inmates;
- Conduct activities for the development of inmates;
- Improve jail facilities; and,
- Promote the general welfare and development of personnel.